It has been quite a long time since I bought my oven. I was waiting for this day to come, to bake my munchkin his favorite muffins, and here is what i did. The best part, Johan enjoyed being with me in the kitchen throughout the entire process, and more than that he enjoyed eating them too. Got this recipe from Home Bakers Guild, someone with a good heart posted it, am not sure who that was! Here is the recipe for my dear friends who are like me…struggling to do something wonderful using the oven.
These muffins have a name too…since they are the first, i have named them “Johu’s Muffins”.
Makes: 6 muffins,
Preperation time: 15 minutes,
Baking time: 22 minutes.
1. Salted butter (I used the unsalted one) – 60 gm
2. Milk – 1/3 cup,
3. Vanilla essence – 1 tsp,
4. Wheat flour – 1 cup,
5. Baking powder – 3/4 tsp,
6. Powdered sugar – 100 gm
7. Egg – 1
1. Line the muffin tin with greased paper cups.
2. Beat egg till fluffy. Sift the flour with the baking powder and keep it aside.
3. Microwave butter and the milk for 2 minutes in a big bowl. Add the essence, sugar and beat till creamy.
4. Add the flour and the beaten egg. Fold it gently with a spoon to get a lumpy batter of a soft dropping consistency. Do not over mix.
5. Spoon the batter into the paper cups, filling only 3/4 th of the cup. If needed you can put chopped cherries, raisins, and nuts. I used cherries.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degrees Celcius and once it is done, bake it for about 25 minutes.
7. Thats all. it is done.
1. I had cup cake moulds from Treo, so used them.
2. if needed you can use maida. It will taste good, but wheat is the healthy choice.
3. You can also puree banana and add it along with the flour, that will give an added flavour.
2. Beat egg till fluffy.