Vendaikai/bhindi/ladys finger is one of the most common vegetable used in authentic Indian cuisine. Known for its numerous benefits, vendai is one of my favorite too. This dish, in particular, is something that everyone will love to taste. Here is the recipe for this.
For a quite long time, I have been thinking about baking some spicy cookies. Something that is similar to the ones that we get in the bakery. It was then I came across this recipe and wanted to try it immediately. But however, I made some twists and turns to the original version to get my version of Khara biscuits. Here is my recipe, which i am sure, will be a topper.
This is yet another wonderful recipe by Harshiny. Dear, you have become one good contributor to Mommy It’s Yummy!
- Left over potato curry
- Tomato sauce
- Coconut chutney
- Coriander leaves
- Chat powder (optional)
- Sev (Optional)
- Pani puris
Method Of preparation:
- Take pani puris and press it in the middle with your thumb.
- Fill with little potato curry.
- Top it with few tsp coconut chutney.
- Add few drops of tomato sauce.
- Garnish with sev, chill curd and sprinkle chat powder and coriander leaves.
- Serve it semi hot.
- That’s all. Your Choti Puri is ready.
I have given the name choti puri because you have very less work to do.. Small work so small puri meaning Choti in hindi.
Kabul Channa Gravy
- Onion (1-2 nos)
- Tomato ( 1 nos)
- Ginger Garlic paste (2 tsp)
- Turmeric powder (pinch)
- Jeera powder ( ½ tsp)
- Kashmiri chilli powder ( ¼ tsp)
- Red chilli powder (as per your taste)
- Dhaniya powder (½ tsp)
- Kasuri methi (pinch- crush it in your palm before you add)
- Garam masala or channa masala (1 tsp)
- Cooking Oil
- Curd or cream or milk
- Soaked Kabul Channa and pressure cooked ( 250 gms or less).
To paste- (A):
- Golden fried onion (3 nos)
- Cashews (6-7 nos)
- Curd (2 tbsp)
- Pinch of salt
To paste- (B) :
- Tomatoes ( half bolied 2 nos)
- Greenchillies (as per your taste)
- Pinch of sugar
- Cinnamon Stick (1 medium size)
- Saunf (Sombu ½ tsp)
- Jeerakam (½ tsp)
- Krambu ( 2 nos)
- Elachi (black- 1 no.)
- Green elachi (2 nos. slightly crush and add for flavor)
- Bay leaf ( 1 or 2 nos.)
Method of Preparation:
- In a wide pan, add cooking oil. Add the ingredients given under “To Sauté” one by one.
- After the flavors are released into the oil, add finely chopped onion and fry till golden brown. (Frying onion deeply can enhance the dish’s taste.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry till the raw smell goes. Add tomatoes to the pan and cook till it gets soft and leave the skin.
- Now add “Paste A” to the pan and let it cook for 3-4 mins. Add “Paste B” and allow it to fry for 2-3 mins. When you find the oil separating from the pan, you may continue adding the below powders mentioned from 4-8.
- Give a good mix so that the powders are fried well and become one with the gravy.
- Once the raw smell of the powder is gone, you can add the channas into the pan.
- If you have the boiled water of channa you can slightly bring it to boil and add that water to that gravy.
- Leave it for 3 mins and when it comes to boil, add salt to taste.
- Before you turn off the flame, add kasuri methi and 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Add curd or millk or cream to the gravy and turn off the flame. Garnish with Coriander leaves on top.
- Serve hot with butter parathas, rotis or kulchas.
When you prepare the pastes, do not add water. Make it as thick as possible so that you get the essence completely. Paste should be fine. You can save your fuel when you avoid extra water
- You may add little bit of sugar while you cook so that it will balance the entire taste of the recipe.
- Mint leaves and ghee fried cashews can also be used for garnishing.
This recipe is sent by Harshiny Krishnan. Thank you dear for this wonderful recipe. We need more from you!!!
It has been quite a long time since I bought my oven. I was waiting for this day to come, to bake my munchkin his favorite muffins, and here is what i did. The best part, Johan enjoyed being with me in the kitchen throughout the entire process, and more than that he enjoyed eating them too. Got this recipe from Home Bakers Guild, someone with a good heart posted it, am not sure who that was! Here is the recipe for my dear friends who are like me…struggling to do something wonderful using the oven.
These muffins have a name too…since they are the first, i have named them “Johu’s Muffins”.
Makes: 6 muffins,
Preperation time: 15 minutes,
Baking time: 22 minutes.
1. Salted butter (I used the unsalted one) – 60 gm
2. Milk – 1/3 cup,
3. Vanilla essence – 1 tsp,
4. Wheat flour – 1 cup,
5. Baking powder – 3/4 tsp,
6. Powdered sugar – 100 gm
7. Egg – 1
1. Line the muffin tin with greased paper cups.
2. Beat egg till fluffy. Sift the flour with the baking powder and keep it aside.
3. Microwave butter and the milk for 2 minutes in a big bowl. Add the essence, sugar and beat till creamy.
4. Add the flour and the beaten egg. Fold it gently with a spoon to get a lumpy batter of a soft dropping consistency. Do not over mix.
5. Spoon the batter into the paper cups, filling only 3/4 th of the cup. If needed you can put chopped cherries, raisins, and nuts. I used cherries.
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degrees Celcius and once it is done, bake it for about 25 minutes.
7. Thats all. it is done.
1. I had cup cake moulds from Treo, so used them.
2. if needed you can use maida. It will taste good, but wheat is the healthy choice.
3. You can also puree banana and add it along with the flour, that will give an added flavour.
2. Beat egg till fluffy.